Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Second Life - Business' novel way to reach customers in a virtual world

Several well-known corporations such as Michelin, IBM and Xerox have begun to use Second Life as an efficient means of communication. Second Life is a virtual environment in which anyone can create an individual. This application allows direct interaction among associates as well as with potential costumers. Many corporations use this program to host meetings, build samples, and allow keynote speakers to lecture to certain groups. Second Life allows users to communicate with one another via text or virtual chatting, or private discussions can be maintained among authorized groups. There is also a way for smaller groups of individuals to form in order to discuss issues more intimately.
I hope to one day become a doctor and I think that Second Life would allow for much more efficient conference calls among doctors within different hospitals. Because doctors are constantly gathering the most information about complicated patients as possible, I think that this application would allow conference calls to be held much more often and with less inconvenience to their busy schedules.

4 comments:

  1. I like how Second Life parpare you for the furture. That a great aps. I will try to use it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great application and love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this application, but I'm glad that I have now because it's possible that it will be popular in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Just hyperlink your resource.

    ReplyDelete